AON3D is looking for a full-time, Montreal-based Senior Application Specialist who will provide post sales application support to target companies. You will act as a consulting customer success agent in order to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction. Your ultimate goal will be to bring deep 3D printing understanding and materials expertise to help drive the success of client additive manufacturing initiatives and of our business as a whole.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have extensive experience or education in additive manufacturing, particularly FFF processing of thermoplastics. You enjoy customer interaction and education. The ideal candidate has the ability to distill complex ideas into accessible language for our operators with a broad spectrum of technical experience. You will take an active role in driving your own knowledge acquisition and have the ability to thrive in a highly unstructured work environment.
If you are energized by this challenge, ready to roll up your sleeves and a pleasure to work with, we want to hear from you.
AON3D makes affordable industrial 3D printers designed for printing high performance thermoplastics, including PEEK, PEKK, ULTEM™ 9085, polycarbonate and more. The AON-M2, its flagship 3D printer, is a direct response to demands for hotter print conditions and the careful thermal control needed for producing strong and dimensionally stable parts from advanced materials. Most importantly, it offers an open filament platform that empowers users to choose the right materials for their project and slash costs by avoiding expensive proprietary materials and license fees.
AON3D is dedicated to ensuring designers and engineers have greater access to cutting edge materials and affordable 3D printers so they can drive tomorrow's innovation today.
• Build and maintain and applications support image in the markets served by AON3D
• Provide application consulting and assistance to customers, including model assessment, material recommendations, process optimization, etc.
• Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate, thoughtful, accurate, enthusiastic, and timely manner
• Create and maintain documentation so our customers and our team can easily find the applications information they need
• Support sales staff for pre-sale evaluation, including application assessment, material recommendations, and feasibility review
• Support proposal requirements and showroom related activities, including maintaining showroom machines in demonstration ready condition
• College diploma or post-secondary degree in science, engineering, additive manufacturing, or a related technical field;
• 3 to 5 years experience with FFF additive manufacturing and thermoplastics;
• Experience using FFF technology in an industrial application and/or for processing high-performance materials is an asset;
• Ability to efficiently manipulate programming software, modeling software, and MS office tools;
• Experience with Simplify3D and/or other slicing software is an asset;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
• Additional language proficiency is considered an asset as we expand internationally;
• Ability to build customer trust via professionalism, technical knowledge, clear and effective training and logical troubleshooting skills;
• Excellent judgment; ability to influence others; good strategic decision-making capacity under pressure;
• Natural empathy and the ability to understand, set, meet, and exceed customer needs.