At AON3D, we are working hard to make additive manufacturing with high-performance engineering plastics a more accessible technology for engineers in all industries.
As a Senior Electro-Mechanical Drafter at AON3D, you'll be responsible for developing and maintaining the electrical and mechanical drawings.
Using a deep understanding of machine design, you will be part of the engineering team to develop and design engineering drawings for production.
Since we're a small team, the position offers plenty of opportunity to make significant changes that will help steer the product, and cause significant impact for our production, engineering, and documentation teams.
The ideal person for this role has great attention to detail, an understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and how they interact together, and someone who will take the lead on production documentation to drive efficient manufacturing.
If you are passionate about designing and developing electro-mechanical systems, we want you as our Senior Electro-Mechanical Drafter.
AON3D makes affordable industrial 3D printers designed for printing high performance thermoplastics, including PEEK, PEKK, ULTEM™ 9085, polycarbonate and more. The AON-M2, its flagship 3D printer, is a direct response to demands for hotter print conditions and the careful thermal control needed for producing strong and dimensionally stable parts from advanced materials. Most importantly, it offers an open filament platform that empowers users to choose the right materials for their project and slash costs by avoiding expensive proprietary materials and license fees.
AON3D is dedicated to ensuring designers and engineers have greater access to cutting edge materials and affordable 3D printers so they can drive tomorrow's innovation today.
AON3D is, at its heart, an engineering company.
To provide a missing pillar of the additive manufacturing world, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry, from developing new processes for working with brand new high performance engineering polymers, to building new ways to enable machines to to precisely what is required for successful prints.
- Be part of a team responsible for mechanical and electrical design
- Participate in the analysis of drawings, specifications, and requirements for both internal and external customers
- Participate in design activities between different engineering groups and manufacturing
- Responsible for drafting drawings for manufacturing (sheet metal and machined parts), assembly and electrical (schematics and harnesses)
- Find technical solutions to meet the requirements of the projects
- Support the manufacturing, engineering, and documentation teams
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- College diploma (DEC) in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years experience drafting electro-mechanical systems
- A deep understanding of mechanical and electrical systems, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with Solidworks to design and produce drawings
- Experience in designing for manufacture and assembly
- Have experience with the full product development cycle
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to find and prioritize tasks and work independently
- Have shipped multiple products where you have been a key drafter
- 3D printing experience!
- Electronics and circuit design
- PLM/document control systems experience
- Experience working with a contract manufacturer