We are looking for a Senior DevOps Developer to design and implement our software solutions at scale. On top of working on all levels of code, you will work with upper management to define infrastructure requirements and take the lead on your team’s projects.
Our projects span the whole stack and as such, having a deep understanding of each layer and how different components interface is crucial. You will have plenty of opportunities to work on all areas of our codebase and make significant changes that will help steer the company growth and make sweeping impacts for our users.
Your goal is to develop high-quality software and infrastructure that is aligned with customer needs and the company’s vision. To be successful in this role, you need to have hands-on experience in all levels of code and have excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills.
AON3D makes affordable industrial 3D printers designed for printing high performance thermoplastics, including PEEK, PEKK, ULTEM™ 9085, polycarbonate and more. The AON-M2, its flagship 3D printer, is a direct response to demands for hotter print conditions and the careful thermal control needed for producing strong and dimensionally stable parts from advanced materials. Most importantly, it offers an open filament platform that empowers users to choose the right materials for their project and slash costs by avoiding expensive proprietary materials and license fees.
AON3D is dedicated to ensuring designers and engineers have greater access to cutting edge materials and affordable 3D printers so they can drive tomorrow's innovation today.
Why work at AON3D?
- Be a part of building something historic
- A casual work environment with a young and dynamic team: leave the suit and tie at home!
- Open space office to support a collaborative working environment and facilitate communication
- All you can drink coffee from Café Union
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Team lunches, snack station, group activities, interest groups, and more!
- Identify, prioritize, execute, and distribute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the fleet management platform that powers and supports our printers
- Work on the internal tooling that helps support the company and infrastructure (for updates, management, and logging)
- Develop and present technical designs based on product requirements and feature requests
- Rapidly write code, tests, and interfaces that implement technical designs
- Demonstrate and present prototypes
- Stay up-to-date with current developments in additive manufacturing technology and be aware of how our printers function
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field of study
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Fully comfortable working in a shell on some flavor of *nix
- Strong Linux system administration, orchestration, fleet management, and automation skills with tools such as Ansible, Balena, and Docker
- Experience with git-based workflows
- Love to automate AWS or similar public cloud providers via APIs and tools
- Have a solid understanding of web applications and how to profile and scale them
- Enjoy collaborating with other developers to help them succeed and writing documentation
- Understand CI/CD principles and know how to use build tools (e.g., CircleCI)
- Have an understanding of SQL, database tuning, and data warehouse platforms
- Experience working on a mission-critical codebase. We're not making rockets, but in some cases, our machines are making parts that do go in them!
- Excellent knowledge of technical language (English fluency is an asset)
- Independence and ability to multitask and prioritize
The following qualifications are not required but we will give special consideration to candidates who possess the following competencies.
- Familiarity with C, C++, or another low-level language
- Strong opinions on code and architecture with reasons to back them up!
- Experience in 3D printing or in a similar industry