We are looking for an accomplished Front-end Developer to help us create elegant, fast, scalable and user-friendly machine applications and interfaces. Our projects span the whole stack and as such, having a deep understanding of each layer and how different components interface is crucial. You will have plenty of opportunities to work on all areas of our codebase and make significant changes that will help steer the company growth and make sweeping impacts for our users.
Your goal is to develop a high-quality human-machine interface that is aligned with customer needs and the company’s vision. To be successful in this role, you need to have hands-on experience in all levels of code and have excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills.
If you’re passionate about building great user interfaces and want to work with a remarkable, interdisciplinary team building the future of additive manufacturing, we want you on the engineering team!
AON3D makes affordable industrial 3D printers designed for printing high performance thermoplastics, including PEEK, PEKK, ULTEM™ 9085, polycarbonate and more. The AON-M2, its flagship 3D printer, is a direct response to demands for hotter print conditions and the careful thermal control needed for producing strong and dimensionally stable parts from advanced materials. Most importantly, it offers an open filament platform that empowers users to choose the right materials for their project and slash costs by avoiding expensive proprietary materials and license fees.
AON3D is dedicated to ensuring designers and engineers have greater access to cutting edge materials and affordable 3D printers so they can drive tomorrow's innovation today.
Why work at AON3D?
- Be a part of building something historic
- A casual work environment with a young and dynamic team: leave the suit and tie at home!
- Open space office to support a collaborative working environment and facilitate communication
- All you can drink coffee from Café Union
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Team lunches, snack station, group activities, interest groups, and more!
- Develop user-facing front-end code, working closely with our marketing and design team to develop compelling user experiences
- Build the human-machine interface for the industrial 3D printer
- Identify, prioritize, execute, and distribute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop and present technical designs based on product requirements and feature requests
- Rapidly write code, tests, and interfaces that implement technical designs
- Demonstrate and present prototypes
- Stay up-to-date with current developments in additive manufacturing technology and be aware of how our printers function
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field of study
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Build and ship web applications in a production environment
- Code with HTML/CSS using libraries such as React.js
- Have a deep appreciation for visual and interaction design
- Experience with git-based workflows
- Enjoy collaborating with other developers to help them succeed and writing documentation
- Understand CI/CD principles and know how to use build tools (e.g., CircleCI)
- Experience working on a mission-critical codebase. We're not making rockets, but in some cases, our machines are making parts that do go in them!
- Excellent knowledge of technical language (English fluency is an asset)
- Independence and ability to multitask and prioritize
The following qualifications are not required but we will give special consideration to candidates who possess the following competencies.
- Have experience with wireframing tools (e.g., Figma, Balsamiq)
- Have an understanding of traditional and contemporary design standards (typography, UX/UI, color theory, and brand communication)
- Strong opinions on code and architecture with reasons to back them up!
- Experience in 3D printing or in a similar industry