We are looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to deliver world-class customer service to our global base of enterprise customers. You will be expected to monitor, maintain and improve the reliability of our fleet of industrial 3D printers to improve customer satisfaction, retention and success.
An AON3D Field Service Technician’s responsibilities include providing customer service and support during telephone conferences and onsite field visits during which you will be expected to diagnose technical problems, determine appropriate solutions and document results. During onsite visits, you will also be responsible for managing all inspection, repair, maintenance and testing tasks. To do this job successfully, you will need proven knowledge of troubleshooting best practices, a deeptechnical understanding of electromechanical systems, and have excellent communication skills.
- Provide customer service and support via email, telephone and during onsite field visits
- Manage and perform inspection, repair, maintenance and testing tasks
- Install and setup equipment as required
- Ensure field service kit inventory is accurate and kept up to date
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine appropriate solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document and continuously improve service processes, procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with other technical teams and share information across the organisation
- Comprehend customer requirements and provide them with appropriate notifications and recommendations
- Build positive relationships with customers and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Act as an ambassador by professionally representing the AON3D brand
- Work independently and assist other technicians
- Observe and follow all company Health and Safety rules and policies
- Stay up to date on technical service bulletins, new products and services
- Provide feedback of possible sales opportunities
- Attend training as required
- 5+ years of electromechanical field service experience with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service industrial equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (most of our customers speak English)
- Experience in a technical role with a high level of customer interaction is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Confident and calm demeanor
- Organized and analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with electrical troubleshooting equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.) and mechanical hand tools
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to read schematics and technical manuals
- Post-secondary education in automation or electronics is a considerable asset
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Competent with LAN and wireless network setup
- Must have valid drivers license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Strong business ethics
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work schedules and multitask
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% (mostly USA)
- Base salary determined based on experience level, qualifications and achievements
- Group insurance benefits including health, vision and life insurance
- Employee stock options
AON3D makes affordable industrial 3D printers designed for printing high performance thermoplastics, including PEEK, PEKK, ULTEM™ 9085, polycarbonate and more. The AON-M2, its flagship 3D printer, is a direct response to demands for hotter print conditions and the careful thermal control needed for producing strong and dimensionally stable parts from advanced materials. Most importantly, it offers an open filament platform that empowers users to choose the right materials for their project and slash costs by avoiding expensive proprietary materials and license fees.
AON3D is dedicated to ensuring designers and engineers have greater access to cutting edge materials and affordable 3D printers so they can drive tomorrow's innovation today.
Why work at AON3D?
- Be a part of building something historic
- A casual work environment with a young and dynamic team: leave the suit and tie at home!
- Open space office to support a collaborative working environment and facilitate communication
- All you can drink coffee from Café Union
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Team lunches, snack station, group activities, interest groups, and more!